The key to enjoying this area is deciding what you want to do—and the options abound! Your vacation can be as active or as restful as you desire. Start by lounging at the pool or taking in the breathtaking beaches. Take to the water for snorkeling, scuba, fishing, sailing or swimming with dolphins. Go cave diving in the cenotes. If the mood strikes you, fly through the air on a zip line or try kite surfing in Tulum. Book a tee time on a local golf course. Many people come to see the ancient Mayan ruins or visit restored haciendas in the Yucatan.
Click on the links at left to explore some of the choices.
Top ten must-dos when you visit:
- Go swimming near the only archaeological site right on the sea – Tulum.
- Spend a day interacting with Mexican culture in the amazing theme park of Xcaret.
- Snorkel in the largest natural aquarium in the world at Xel-Ha.
- Get the perfect tan on the silky beaches of Akumal.
- Explore the mystery of the Mayan caves in Aktun Chen.
- Stroll along Playa del Carmen's Quinta Avenida and sample the bars, restaurants and shops.
- Discover the real Mayans by visiting the nearby towns of colonial Valladolid and Izamal.
- Go diving or snorkeling at the largest coral reef in the western hemisphere.
- Marvel at the variety of life at the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve.
- Experience a Mayan spa treatment by our professional therapist in the solitude of your villa.